New York Theatre Workshop, one of the city’s leading not‐for‐profit Off‐Broadway theatre companies, seeks a Business Manager. For more than three decades, NYTW has provided a home to artists to hone their creative voice, a space for them to develop their projects and a platform to produce groundbreaking work. NYTW is renowned for a long list of acclaimed work including Jonathan Larson’s Rent; Glen Hansard, Markéta Irglová and Enda Walsh’s Once; Rick Elice’s Peter and the Starcatcher; Tony Kushner’s Homebody/Kabul and Caryl Churchill’s Far Away, A Number and Love and Information. NYTW’s productions have received a Pulitzer Prize, 17 Tony Awards and assorted Obie, Drama Desk and Lucille Lortel Awards.
The Business Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the finance department for this $5 million theater with 24 full‐time employees. The Business Manager reports directly to the Director of Internal Operations. Responsibilities include:
– All bookkeeping including A/P, A/R, checks, deposits, journal entries, credit card
– Serves as Payroll administrator and manages all employee benefits (health, dental, FSA, 403b, transit, Difference Card).
– Assists in the monthly reconciliation and reporting on departmental budgets
– Assists Director of Internal Operations with cash flow management for multiple savings and checking accounts as well as credit card accounts.
– Supplies budgets and financial information to program and development departments for grant applications and reports.
– Assists in Board meeting preparation and takes notes for Finance Committee meetings.
– Assists in preparation of the annual audit and the Form 990.
– Serves daily needs of the organization including petty cash administration, bank
deposits, and office supply management.
The ideal candidate will have experience with not‐for‐profit organizations and will bring a fundamental understanding of the elements of accounting. S/he will possess excellent analytical skills and be highly organized and self‐motivated. An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office is a must. Knowledge of Financial Edge, experience with payroll software a plus. NYTW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a full‐time, competitively salaried position with benefits.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and two references to: email@example.com.
For certain positions, we keep resumes on file.
If you are a director, you may submit a cover letter, current resume and references to Linda Chapman at LindaC@nytw.org
If you are an actor, you may submit a headshot and resume to Casting@nytw.org.
If you are a playwright, please see our submission guidelines.
If you are looking for Production Positions (union and non-union stage managers and assistant stage managers, production assistants, sound, video, carpentry, electrics and wardrobe), you may submit a cover letter, current resume and references to Chip Rodgers at ChipR@nytw.org.