NYTW is currently looking for the position of:
New York Theatre Workshop, one of the city's leading not-for-profit Off Broadway theatre
companies, seeks a Business Manager. For more than three decades, NYTW has provided a
home to artists to hone their creative voice, a space for them to develop their projects and a
platform to produce ground-breaking work. The Workshop is currently represented on
Broadway by Once and is renowned for a long list of acclaimed work including Jonathan Larson's
Rent, Rick Elice's Peter and the Starcatcher, Tony Kushner's Homebody/Kabul, along with Caryl
Churchill's Far Away, A Number and last season's Love and Information. NYTW's productions
have received a Pulitzer Prize, 17 Tony Awards, and assorted Obie, Drama Desk and Lucille Lortel
The Business Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the finance department for this
$5 million theater with 24 full-time employees. The Business Manager reports directly to the
Director of Internal Operations.
• All bookkeeping including A/P, A/R, checks, deposits, journal entries, credit card
• Serves as Payroll administrator and manages all employee benefits (health, dental, FSA,
403b, transit, Difference Card).
• Assists in the monthly reconciliation and reporting on departmental budgets
• Assists Director of Internal Operations with cash flow management for multiple savings
and checking accounts as well as credit card accounts.
• Supplies budgets and financial information to program and development departments
for grant applications and reports.
• Assists in Board meeting preparation and takes notes for Finance Committee meetings.
• Assists in preparation of the annual audit and the Form 990.
• Serves daily needs of the organization including petty cash administration, bank
deposits, and office supply management.
The ideal candidate will have experience with not-for-profit organizations and will bring a
fundamental understanding of the elements of accounting. S/he will possess excellent analytical
skills and be highly organized and self-motivated. An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft
Office is a must. Knowledge of Financial Edge, experience with payroll software a plus.
an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a full-time, competitively salaried position with benefits.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and two references to: email@example.com
keep resume's on file:
If you are
a director and wish to submit your resume, email
a cover letter, current resume and references to Linda Chapman at
If you are
an actor and wish to submit a head shot, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are
a playwright, see our submission
If you are looking for Production
Positions (union and non-union stage managers and assistant
stage managers, production assistants, sound, video, carpentry, electrics,
wardrobe, etc.), email a cover
resume and references to email@example.com
New York Theatre
Workshop is an Equal Opportunity Employer
here to go back to the home page